Contributors to the Study identified some key initiatives that could contribute to the future success of the Road, including:
- Recreating the creative character for the 21st century
- Promoting the Road through marketing and events
- Enhancing the management of the Road, traffic and public realm
- Engaging more with neighbouring cultural institutions
- Extending the day with an evening economy that is well managed and appropriate to the mixed residential and commercial nature of the district
The Feasibility Study highlighted the need for a plan for the future viability of the King’s Road that benefits businesses, property owners, residents and visitors.
Significantly the study suggested that the establishment of a Business Improvement District for the King’s Road was both viable and feasible if approached in a considered and strategic manner.
The ambition for exploring a Business Improvement District was established and engagement continued with key businesses and wider stakeholders to explore in more detail the opportunity of establishing a BID to represent the King’s Road.
View Feasibility Study